Modularity, Grids, and Patterns, oh my!

Instagram
    Modularity has always been something I liked to focus on when creating any work of art. I was especially interested in the "Working With Constraints" section of this chapter on page 168 to see what I could make. The strict grid pattern of the Lite Brite made it hard to figure out how to do certain letters like N and R. I tried to vary the spacing to create that "unpredictable result" the book talks about.
    Truthfully I know I have already used my Lite Brite for an earlier project and I know how weird the focus can be when using it but something about putting each peg in to create new patterns or designs has always been very calming to me.

Comments

  1. This is an interesting choice of grid. Reminds me of the old school pixel games.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts