Rhythm, Balance, Scale, Texture

 I didn't get the chance to work on my drawing this week as I was pretty busy with a film project. But while I was working on it I decided to kill two birds with one stone and captured this image. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CF0PoOLFcWM/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

    The lighting helps to highlight the texture of the statue in relation to the ambiguous background. The contrast between the blue light, the black background, the yellow light, and the statue all come together to create the balance of this image as well. The scale is also ambiguous, the statue melts into the background and the shot is from eye level, so it could easily be the size of a person (it's actually really small).

Comments

  1. I really like how the dark background really brings out the texture of the statue. I also think that you did a really awesome job with the ambiguous scale because I would not have guessed that the statue is small.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The texture in this photo is incredible! Really good piece you got here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like the different tones created by the light as it highlights the small details of the statue! The blue and yellow tones really remind me of some familiar feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts