Introduction

 

Hi, my name is Hannah Norris I use They/Them/Their pronouns, I am on campus for this term and I am hoping to use this class as a form of stress relief. I have always found creating art in any sense (music film, and painting mostly) to be a form of stress relief even if it is for school work. COVID hasn't affected me as greatly as I know it has for many others, mostly I have been stuck inside reading and thinking about different outcomes the world could have as a result of the events of this miserable year.

I have always taken inspiration from the unknown and the yet-to-happen in the world and the universe as a whole. I think that our world has been explored so well that the next age of exploration will be in space, long after I am gone. I like to think about and imagine what the universe can hold and what that will mean for the future. I am also interested in what the world will look like after we leave it behind, what will survive, and what will be lost? Would it be better to lose everything than to have never existed? Or is our existence built on the things we manage to keep?

Being stuck inside for so long has left me to wonder about these kinds of things, as morbid and existential as they may be. I hope to explore these ideas more thoroughly in this class and see what I can create that tells these stories and in what ways I can use the concepts introduced in each chapter to help me with telling these stories. I want to also bring a bit of levity to these concepts because I think we have all had our share of sad things to think about. 

Pop Culture Detritus by Filip Honda



Comments

  1. I love to make art and enjoy them to relieve my stress but sometimes my projects made me super stressed lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I know the feeling of beign stuck inside for so long and all of a sudden you ask yourself about random things but your's is wild (in a good way). I hope that in this class, you do learn what you need to learn to tell those stories because I will be the first person to listen or read those stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cool to think about universe like this. And yes, I like to sing and dance to relieve my stress. Maybe you can try it. But indeed, making art sometimes is a long-time and hard thing. I believe you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. It's really deep of you to think of the world like that. Being stuck inside also made me wonder over lots of things about our world but not as deep as you. Hope to get to know more about you in your future blogs!

      Delete
  5. I had never really thought about the world like that before. I look forward to reading more in your blogs and looking at your art. 

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had never really thought about the world like that before. I look forward to reading more in your blogs and looking at your art. 

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts