Gestalt

Insta Link

    I don't think I fully understood the principles so it took me a while to feel like I had the right idea which is why this ended up being a bit later than I normally post. 

    That being said I did really enjoy making this image. I was inspired by the example on page 100 "Bubble Dot Typeface: The letters of the alphabet are so ingrained in our memory that they are still recognizable when fragmented or distorted."

    I thought to myself about other things that are easy to recognize even when they are done in a distorted way. Like shapes, they are some of the first things we learn about as children, and I thought the perfect way to replicate these shapes while distorting them was with the LiteBrite I had in my room. A childish toy used to create one of childhood's first shape. I think that creates an interesting meaning.

Comments

Popular Posts